When it comes to supporting men’s health, there’s a lot of different health advice out there. From recommended diets and exercise routines to men’s supplements, it can be confusing to understand how to best support your wellness.
To celebrate Men’s Health Awareness Month, we’ve put together a list of researched supplements and essentials that can actively promote men’s health and optimal aging.
Men, are you experiencing these “normal” signs of aging?
Take this quiz to see if you can benefit from complete prostate support.
We all know that it starts with what you eat. Here’s some top nutrient-dense foods that can help support men’s health:
- Yogurt—High in protein, calcium, potassium and B vitamins, yogurt also provides beneficial bacteria (probiotics) to improve digestion, immunity and even mood. Yogurt may also boost male fertility.
- Coconut oil—Coconut oil supports metabolism, maintains immunity and can promote good cholesterol. Great for endurance sports.
- Tempeh—Made from fermented soy, tempeh is highly nutritious. It improves cholesterol and helps control blood sugar. It can also help maintain prostate cellular health.
- Pumpkin Seeds—Loaded with zinc, pumpkin seeds support immune and prostate health; they’re also high in magnesium, which benefits the heart.
- Sweet Potatoes—High in vitamins B6, C and A, as well as iron and magnesium, sweet potatoes can also support cardiovascular and immune health.
Recommended Nutrients for Men’s Health
Most men (and women) need a nutritional boost beyond healthy diet alone. Men’s health supplements supply extra vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other compounds needed to support long-term health and vitality.
Here are some top vitamins and natural ingredients that can support the health of men at any age:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids—The body doesn’t manufacture omega-3 fats, so we have to get them through diet or supplements. Omega-3s lower triglycerides, benefiting heart health, and may also help fight prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D—Supports calcium balance to prevent arthritis and osteoporosis. It also reduces blood pressure, boosts immunity and strengthens muscles and bones.
- Magnesium—Benefits cardiovascular and musculoskeletal health, regulates blood sugar and detoxifies the body.
- Green Tea—Compounds in green tea boost immunity, fight prostate cancer and help protect cardiovascular health.
- Garlic Extract—Garlic benefits the heart, fights infection and supports the immune system. May also control blood pressure.
- Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP)—A specific type of citrus pectin, the researched form of modified citrus pectin delivers extensive benefits for total-body health. It controls galectin-3, a protein that when left unchecked, can have widespread impacts in key areas of health. Clinical studies also show that MCP actively supports prostate cellular health and safely removes heavy metals from the body.
Men’s Health Supplements
What are the best supplements to promote men’s health?
Natural nutraceutical formulas that supply the extra vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other critical compounds men need to support their long-term health and vitality.*
PectaSol—the original and only proven form of Modified Citrus Pectin—is clinically proven in multiple published studies to deliver significant support for prostate cellular health and function, including healthy PSA. A true super-nutrient for total-body health, PectaSol also supports optimal immune function, safe heavy metal detoxification, healthy inflammation response, and optimal aging.*
Formulated by award-winning Integrative Medicine expert and best-selling author, Isaac Eliaz, MD, PectaSol is the leading supplement for enhancing the body’s most essential self-healing mechanics.
ProstaCaid— a scientifically researched prostate health formula. In four published studies, ProstaCaid has shown an effect on both hormone dependent and hormone insensitive prostate cells. ProstaCaid is also shown to work synergistically with PectaSol Modified Citrus Pectin, delivering up to 40% greater benefits for prostate cellular health, than either product alone. *
Formulated by Integrative Medicine Expert and best-selling author Isaac Eliaz, MD, this trusted prostate support supplement is backed by research for enhancing prostate health and aging for men.
Men’s Daily— a multi-nutrient and herbal supplement formulated to meet the unique nutritional requirements of men. Men’s Daily includes many of the nutrients listed above, plus other powerhouse botanicals and antioxidants that support key areas of men’s health, including daily support for cardiovascular health, hormone balance, detoxification, antioxidant activity and more, for an active, healthy lifestyle. *
Physician-formulated by Integrative Medicine Expert, Isaac Eliaz, MD, Men's Daily is the go-to trusted nutritional aging supplement for men, enhancing overall wellness and body functions.
Red Flag Symptoms for Men’s Health
Small problems may be the body’s way of signaling something more serious. Here are some potential red flags for men’s health. Any of these issues should be taken seriously and discussed with your healthcare provider:
- Constipation could indicate serious digestive problems or even colon cancer. If problems persist for more than two weeks, see your doctor.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) may signal heart disease, diabetes or other conditions. It’s ok to get a prescription for ED, but don’t ignore the root causes.
- Acid reflux can lead to ulcers and even cancer. Avoid processed and acidic foods, caffeine, alcohol and sugar. Again, if the problem persists, see your doctor.
Men: Be Proactive with Your Health
Unfortunately, many diseases such as colon cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes show no symptoms in their early stages. This is why the concept of proactive, preventive medicine is so important. The best way to support your health is to take action. Mindfully manage your diet, supplements, exercise and annual checkups and find a system that works for you. Most importantly, stick with it. Your body will reward you with greater health, strength, stamina and long-term vitality.