Your most powerful health resource is a swift and intelligent immune system, and beneficial mushrooms can play an important role. Mushrooms have been used in traditional healing for thousands of years and now modern research is substantiating and expanding their numerous indications.
Medicinal mushrooms are rich sources of unique nutrients and compounds that support wellness and longevity through diverse mechanisms, including the famed ability to enhance immunity. But rather than simply boost the immune system, beneficial mushrooms actually work to modulate it. In other words, they “train” immune cells to respond appropriately to various triggers. This helps prevent the immune system from either under-reacting or overreacting.
- Agaricus blazei promotes immunity by supporting the actions of interferons and interleukins, proteins that modulate immunity and respond to threats. Many preclinical studies have demonstrated its ability to support cellular health. Agaricus also helps promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Cordyceps sinensis energizes phagocytes, macrophages, and natural killer cells. It also supports healthy cholesterol.
- Coriolus versicolor is recommended for its cellular health activities. This mushroom has also been shown to support conventional protocols, such as radiation.
- Ganoderma lucidum supports healthy cholesterol, promotes circulation and oxygenation of the blood, among other important benefits.
- Grifola frondosa supports cellular health, blood pressure, blood glucose metabolism and liver function.