New Study Highlights Link between Mushrooms and Microbiota
Your most powerful health resource is a swift and intelligent immune system, and beneficial mushrooms can play an important role. Mushrooms have been used in traditional healing for thousands of years and now modern research is substantiating and expanding their numerous indications.
Medicinal mushrooms are rich sources of unique nutrients and compounds that support wellness and longevity through diverse mechanisms, including the famed ability to enhance immunity. But rather than simply boost the immune system, beneficial mushrooms actually work to modulate it. In other words, they “train” immune cells to respond appropriately to various triggers. This helps prevent the immune system from either under-reacting or overreacting.
Mushrooms are also natural detoxifiers, helping to cleanse accumulated waste, dead tissues and potential carcinogens. In the same way that fungi thrive on decaying matter, beneficial mushrooms have an affinity for stagnant regions of the body that lack circulation, and help to clear these areas of waste. They act like “sponges” for toxic materials, making an excellent addition to any detoxification program.One preclinical study, published June 2018 in the Journal of Functional Foods, showed that white button mushrooms support metabolic health by providing a source of prebiotic fuel for beneficial microbiota involved in glucose metabolism and homeostasis.
- Agaricus blazei promotes immunity by supporting the actions of interferons and interleukins, proteins that modulate immunity and respond to threats. Many preclinical studies have demonstrated its ability to support cellular health. Agaricus also helps promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Cordyceps sinensis energizes phagocytes, macrophages, and natural killer cells. It also supports healthy cholesterol.
- Coriolus versicolor is recommended for its cellular health activities. This mushroom has also been shown to support conventional protocols, such as radiation.
- Ganoderma lucidum supports healthy cholesterol, promotes circulation and oxygenation of the blood, among other important benefits.
- Grifola frondosa supports cellular health, blood pressure, blood glucose metabolism and liver function.
A revolutionary, high-potency mushroom formula that works to optimize acute and long-term immune responses, and reinforce overall immune function.*
Expertly formulated by Integrative Medicine Expert, Isaac Eliaz, MD, ecoDigest is your go-to daily digestive enzyme supplement for fast-acting gut support and healthy digestion balance.
Leave a comment