Being proactive with your breast health is essential for your long-term wellness, no matter your age or risk. While screenings, self-exams, and mammograms are great key steps to women’s health, your diet and supplement routine can make a lasting impact on your breast health and longevity.
Natural Ingredients for Breast Health
When you’re dealing with the threat of something like breast cancer, you want researched health solutions and ingredients you can trust.
Choosing powerful botanicals that are scientifically proven to be effective for supporting breast and cellular health and adding them to your daily routine can help you naturally support your breast health.
These natural plant phytochemicals and nutrients help your genes work in your favor, rather than working against you. And the right blend of botanicals supports your body’s own natural repair and defense systems. They harness the power of special compounds necessary to prevent or undo cellular damage. And they prompt your immune system to take on potentially problematic cells before they trigger tumor formation. This is your best defense against breast cancer and promoting healthy and strong breasts: A safe, natural choice that works with your body to protect you and your future.
Each of these individual plant-based ingredients delivers significant breast cell protection. And when they work together, their benefits are maximized to keep your breast healthy for the long haul.
Physician-formulated BreastDefend contains this powerful blend of DIM together with natural botanical extracts and medicinal mushrooms, to actively promote breast health, hormone balance, and overall wellness for women.*
DIM - Breast Benefits
DIM (3,3′-diindolylmethane) is a powerful plant compound found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and kale. And it has a rare superpower: DIM supports healthy breasts by helping your body get rid of excess estrogen. Long-term high exposure to too much estrogen causes problems for breast cells’ normal function. DIM counteracts those effects by improving safe estrogen and xenoestrogen processing and harnessing its health benefits.1
Research shows that DIM also helps remind damaged cells to die off exactly when they’re supposed to – a process known as apoptosis.2 It also helps increase expression of the BRCA1 gene, which helps cells repair their DNA properly.x3
Even better: DIM has been specifically studied to see how it could help BRCA-positive women. One groundbreaking clinical trial discovered that DIM helped healthy BRCA carriers stay healthy.4 When the women took a daily dose of DIM, they saw a significant decline in their breast density, a clear sign of ongoing breast health.
While it may be the most popular breast health ingredient, DIM isn’t the only ingredient that can promote healthy breasts and gynecological health for women.
Curcumin - Golden Health Benefits
Curcumin is the most bioactive compound found in the bright yellow spice, turmeric. Curcumin has vast health-promoting properties and it’s been studied extensively for breast health. Research shows that curcumin supports healthy breast cell function and repair.5
It’s also been proven to function as:
- An antioxidant6
- A brain tonic7
- A mood brightener8
The key to reaping all the benefits of curcumin is absorption. Curcumin is notoriously hard for the body to absorb. BreastDefend contains a special form known as BCM-95, the highly absorbable and bioavailable form of this golden health warrior, for enhanced breast benefits.
Astragalus Root – Healthy Inflammation Responses
Astragalus is well known for its ability to support and protect healthy immune system function and vital longevity.9 It has strong antioxidant properties that protect cells from free radical damage, as well as supporting healthy inflammatory responses.10 And it helps defend special immune cells called macrophages so they can shield healthy breast cells to keep them that way.11
Astragalus contains a powerful compound called formononetin that promotes cellular DNA repair. Formononetin also stops unhealthy cells from thriving and encourages them to die off when they’re supposed to.12
Medicinal Mushrooms for Breast Health
Turkey Tail - Turkey tail mushrooms contain a rich variety of cellular and immune supporting compounds, including PSK (polysaccharide kureha) and PSP that work together to help your body’s defense team work most effectively.13 And powered by these two compounds, turkey tail mushroom delivers literal life-saving benefits. It’s been shown to support healthy immune function and positive quality of life even in end-stage cancer patients.14
Turkey tail supports optimal breast health by stimulating the right immune system cells such as NK (natural killer) cells.15 It also delivers antioxidant protection and helps your cells ward off DNA damage,16 both vitally important for maintaining breast health.
Reishi Mushrooms - Reishi is known as the “Mushroom of Immortality” for good reason. It’s been used in traditional medicine for centuries to keep people healthy and vital well into old age and is a prized staple in the Asian oncology toolbox.17
Reishi provides dozens of proven health benefits, including:
- Improving immune system response and function even in people undergoing conventional oncology protocols18
- Reducing fatigue and supporting physical and emotional well-being19
- Supports healthy breast cells20
- Protects healthy cells against invasion21
- Enhance NK cell activity for boosted breast cell protection22
Medicinal mushrooms like reishi provide even stronger benefits when combined with other mushrooms like turkey tail and meshima.
Generations of traditional medicine practitioners have used meshima to promote wellness and longevity, especially for women when it comes to breast health. It does that by blocking cellular adhesion and protecting healthy cells against invasion. Meshima also makes sure that vital nutrients flow only to healthy cells through established blood vessels.23
Meshima helps regulate proper immune function and increase protective immune cell function as needed.24 It also supplies superior antioxidant strength and supports a healthy inflammatory response.25
Quercetin – Plant-based Support
Most fruits and vegetables contain a special flavonoid (plant chemical) called quercetin that supplies dozens of benefits for your well-being. Quercetin has many life-sustaining properties and supports ongoing breast health in several ways.26 It acts as a powerful antioxidant, supports healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and helps your immune system mount proper responses.x27 And it keeps breast cells healthy by activating specific proteins that helps those cells resist and repair damage.28
Research shows that quercetin increases the effectiveness of treatments used to promote breast health, along with blood vessels against potential damage from those treatments.29 And quercetin also helps regulate cellular signaling pathways and growth factors that affect healthy breast cell function.30
Scutellaria Barbata – Healthy Circulation
You may not have heard of Scutellaria barbata (aka Chinese skullcap) despite its prominent use in traditional Chinese medicine. Scutellaria barbata is often used to promote healthy circulation and enhance immune system function.31
In Asia, this botanical stars as part of a core herbal treatment used to support optimal breast health through various stages and levels.32 Extracts of this powerful herb help keep breast cells healthy by encouraging damaged cells to die off as part of their natural life cycle.33
Physician-Formulated Breast Supplement
For your best defense against breast health threats, you’ll want a combination of these ingredients at the correct doses to give you powerful defense and longevity. All of BreastDefend’s proven effectiveness comes from a synergistic combination of these eight safe, natural, and well-studied botanical ingredients, hand-selected and formulated by Dr. Isaac Eliaz to give you the essential nourishment you need for healthy breasts long-term.*
Unlike other breast health supplements, BreastDefend is shown in four published studies to provide powerful support and defense for cellular breast health and healthy gene expression. BreastDefend is a powerful, scientifically researched formula that has been used successfully to actively support and maintain breast health, support the immune system, and promote hormonal balance that is so critical to keeping you healthy over time.*
When you take proactive steps to prioritize your breast health, you have the foundation for long term breast health and support. BreastDefend delivers positively proactive support for a lifetime of optimal breast health care. To keep your breasts healthy while you thrive, add BreastDefend to your routine today.*
- Thomson CA, Ho E, Strom MB. Nutr Rev. 2016;74(7):432-443.
- Bhowmik A, Das N, Pal U, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e59798.
- Kotsopoulos J, Zhang S, Akbari M, et al. Br J Cancer. 2014;111(7):1269-1274.
- Yerushalmi R, Bargil S, Ber Y, et al. Carcinogenesis. 2020 Oct 15;41(10):1395-1401.
- Wang Y, Yu J, Cui R, et al. J Lab Autom. 2016 Dec;21(6):723-731.
- Kocaadam B, Şanlier N. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017 Sep 2;57(13):2889-2895.
- Sarker MR, Franks SF. Geroscience. 2018 Apr;40(2):73-95.
- Fusar-Poli L, Vozza L, Gabbiadini A, et al. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2020;60(15):2643-2653.
- Liu P, Zhao H, Luo Y. Aging Dis. 2017;8(6):868-886.
- Huang WM, Liang YQ, Tang LJ, et al. Exp Ther Med. 2013;6(1):199-203.
- Li W, Song K, Wang S, Zhang C, et al. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2019 May;98:685-695.
- Tay KC, Tan LT, Chan CK, et al. Front Pharmacol. 2019;10:820.
- Fisher M, Yang LX. Anticancer Res. 2002 May-Jun;22(3):1737-54.
- Habtemariam S. Biomedicines. 2020;8(5):135.
- Torkelson CJ, Sweet E, Martzen MR, et al. ISRN Oncol. 2012;2012:251632.
- Knežević A, Živković L, Stajić M, et al. ScientificWorldJournal. 2015;2015:146378.
- Barbieri A, Quagliariello V, Del Vecchio V, et al. Nutrients. 2017 Feb 28;9(3):210.
- Gao Y, Tang W, Dai X, et al. J Med Food. 2005 Summer;8(2):159-68.
- Zhao H, Zhang Q, Zhao L, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:809614.
- Jiang J, Slivova V, Harvey K, et al. Nutr Cancer. 2004;49(2):209-16. doi: 10.1207/s15327914nc4902_13. PMID: 15489214.
- Loganathan J, Jiang J, Smith A, et al. Int J Oncol. 2014 Jun;44(6):2009-15.
- Gao Y, Zhou S, Jiang W, et al. Immunol Invest. 2003 Aug;32(3):201-15.
- Konno S, Chu K, Feuer N, et al. J Clin Med Res. 2015 Feb;7(2):76-82.
- Sliva D. Exp Ther Med. 2010;1(3):407-411.
- Chen W, Tan H, Liu Q, et al. Molecules .2019;24(10):1888.
- Ezzati M, Yousefi B, Velaei K, Safa A. Life Sci. 2020 May 1;248:117463.
- Lagunas-Rangel FA, Bermúdez-Cruz RM. Front Oncol. 2020 Nov 19;10:598174.
- Hashemzaei M, Delarami Far A, Yari A, et al. Oncol Rep. 2017;38(2):819-828.
- Henidi HA, Al-Abbasi FA, El-Moselhy MA, El-Bassossy HM, Al-Abd AM. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2020;2020:8157640.
- Henidi HA, Al-Abbasi FA, El-Moselhy MA, et al.Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2020;2020:8157640.
- Chen Q, Rahman K, Wang SJ, et al. Curr Pharm Des. 2020;26(1):160-175.
- Yeh YC, Chen HY, Yang SH, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:202378.
- Rugo H, Shtivelman E, Perez A, et al. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007 Sep;105(1):17-28.