With Summer on its way, a focus on losing weight, dieting, and detox starts to become popular. While eating “healthy” foods and trying a juice cleanse or diet sounds like a good solution for weight loss, you may be harming your progress and most importantly, your body’s essential functions, if you haven’t detoxified your body from what it doesn’t need first.
Quick weight loss programs and cleanses may promise fast results, but they won’t be lasting or beneficial if you’re not detoxing from the toxins that your body is storing.
Everyday Toxins That Harm Your Body
Every day, we’re exposed to toxic heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals and more through what we eat and the environment. These toxic metals enter our bodies and are either metabolized through the liver for removal, or they become stored in the body, primarily in fat cells when they can’t be removed.1,2 Fat cells become storage for these toxins, because a large number of harmful toxins we’re exposed to are fat soluble. This means they dissolve in fat or lipids, and must be processed by the liver into water soluble compounds in order to be safely eliminated. But, if your liver gets backed up due to constant exposure to toxins, then the body will start to store the excess in fat cells, or worse, in our organs and tissues,to get them out of the way. When not removed, these toxins can affect how we function and feel, and impact our long-term health.
Common Harmful Toxins:
- Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and nickel in our diets can damage DNA and disrupt critical biological functions.
- Bisphenol-A (BPA) is a chemical in plastic and food packaging that mimics estrogen in the body, and harmful for hormonal health. Studies show BPA can actually increase fat production in the body.
- Phthalates are chemicals that soften plastics and body products, found in shampoo, perfumes, soaps, shower curtains, vinyl flooring and more and poses a concern for disturbing the hormonal system.
- PBDEs, or polybrominated diphenyl ethers are flame retardant chemicals found in electronics, household products and the environment, and are linked to reproductive risks, immune imbalances and more.
What Happens To Your Body When You Fast Or Diet
When you lose weight, especially during rapid weight loss programs like fasting and juice cleanses, toxins stored in your body’s fat cells get dumped into the circulation. When this happens, it can overload your body’s natural detox organs like the liver, kidneys and GI tract. Your body may have a hard time keeping up with the continual release of toxins as fat breaks down. While you may be dropping pounds, harmful and health-threatening toxins are entering into your circulation—potentially overburdening your body’s natural detox systems and preventing the clearing of these harmful toxins.
If you haven’t detoxed before you start dieting, you’ll feel the effects.
Signs of a toxin overload from weight loss include:
- Nausea and digestive discomfort
- Brain fog
- Joint pain
So before you start trying to lose weight or hit your summer body goals, you need to make sure you’ve got a solution to safely remove chemicals and toxins from your body.
How To Detox For Healthy Weight Loss
To reach and maintain a healthy weight, it’s important to begin your weight loss program gradually. Here are some simple health tips to support a healthy weight loss program and healthy detox:
- Slowly transition your diet away from processed foods, pro-inflammatory foods, sugars and trans fats.
- Try eating non-starchy vegetables, lots of fiber, and nutrient-dense whole foods that can improve your digestion system.
- Remember to hydrate and drink plenty of water, since that will help with flushing toxins.
These key steps and gut cleansing tips allow your body to transition into the process of weight loss and detoxification, without an abrupt shock to the system.
When combining a gradual and gentle detox diet approach like this with a detox supplement, you’ll get the essential support your body needs for safe toxin removal. ecoNugenics PectaClear is a critical detox formula that is clinically proven to remove toxic metals and environmental pollutants, including radioactive particles, safely and naturally. This detox supplement works to bind toxins in the circulation and digestive tracts, and eliminate them without causing side effects.* 3-5
With a clinically proven combination of PectaSol Modified Citrus Pectin and alginates purified from kelp, PectaClear delivers dual action binding support, giving you essential support to prepare your body for healthy weight loss and maintain comprehensive detoxification throughout the process. The PectaSol in the formula absorbs into the bloodstream, while the alginates remain in the GI tract, for complete coverage against toxins and pollutants including toxic heavy metals and radioactive ions. The added gut detox support from the alginates in the formula adds the essential gut defense you need to keep toxins from your GI tract from reabsorbing into the body through the gut wall.*
Achieving a healthy weight and reaching your weight loss goals doesn’t have to be harmful or hard. Try these clinically researched, safe, and effective detox supports supplements for your health journey.
- Jackson E, Shoemaker R, Larian N, Cassis L. Adipose Tissue as a Site of Toxin Accumulation [published correction appears in Compr Physiol. 2018 Jun 18;8(3):1251]. Compr Physiol. 2017;7(4):1085-1135.
- Murdock BS. Tracking toxins. Biomonitoring outshines the indirect assessment of exposure in determining which pollutants enter the body, and whether they cause disease or disability. EMBO Rep. 2005;6(8):701-705.
- Eliaz I, Weil E, Wilk B. Integrative medicine and the role of modified citrus pectin/alginates in heavy metal chelation and detoxification--five case reports. Forsch Komplementmed. 2007 Dec;14(6):358-64.
- Eliaz I, Weil E, Schwarzbach J, Wilk B. Modified Citrus Pectin / Alginate Dietary Supplement Increased Fecal Excretion of Uranium: A Family. Altern Ther Health Med. 2019 Jul;25(4):20-24.
- Martínez-Martínez E, Calvier L, Rossignol P, Rousseau E, Fernández-Celis A, Jurado-López R, Laville M, Cachofeiro V, López-Andrés N. Galectin-3 inhibition prevents adipose tissue remodeling in obesity. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016 Jun;40(6):1034-8.