Have you heard of blue light? Many people haven’t, but if you’re reading this blog, you’re probably getting a full dose of it right now, from an electronic device that emits blue light. If you spend more than 5 hours a day in front of a computer screen or monitor, this blue light could be damaging to your health, your cells, and even your DNA.
What is Blue Light?
Blue light is a high-energy, short wavelength of visible light. The shorter a wavelength, the more energy it transmits, and the more damage it can do to your health, skin, and eyes. UV rays from the sun are short wave rays, while blue light is slightly longer than UV rays, is visible, and is just as, if not, more damaging, penetrating all the way to your mitochondria and cellular levels.
Where Does Blue Light Come From?
Blue light is everywhere, and the blue light spectrum and electromagnetic fields (EMFs) bombards your cells with different forms of radiation. Sunlight emits blue light, but so do light bulbs, computer screens, smartphones, LED TVs and other electronic screen-based devices. With the increase in screen time, remote working conditions, and apps, blue light exposure is increasing, and can have long-term effects to our health. artificial blue light…and considering how much time we spend on our devices, this exposure can add up.
How Does Blue Light Harm Your Health?
Extended exposure to blue light can negatively affect your health in numerous ways.
Side Effects and Damage Caused by Blue Light:
- Advanced Aging and Skin Damage: Extended blue light exposure can destroy healthy collagen in your skin and increase the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin and premature aging.1-3
- Neurological Effects: Blue light exposure over time is shown to increase your hyper-sensitivity to stress, cause brain fog and fatigue, disrupt sleep, and other impacts.5
- Cellular Abnormalities: Blue light , fuels oxidative stress and can cause DNA damage that can lead to cellular abnormalities and cause inflammation, with risks to long-term health.4
- Vision loss: High frequency blue light over time can trigger vision loss and long-term eye problems.5
- Sleep Problems: Blue light can contribute to poor sleep, sleep disruption and sleep disorders, by blocking your body’s natural melatonin production.6
- Low Energy: Blue light raises levels of cortisol and adrenalin and can contribute to energy crashes.
Blue Light Blocking and Protection
With natural ingredients and antioxidants, you can neutralize the damage done by blue light, and keep cells, tissues and even your DNA healthy.
Blue Light Radiation & EMF Defense Supplements
Inner nourishment of the skin helps it repair from radiation and blue light damage. Natural, powerful antioxidants, and supplements are shown to help defend against radiation and blue light, and increase recovery time if you do get exposure to cell threats. Studies show that nutritional antioxidants and ingredients like green tea extract, alpha lipoic acid, and functional mushrooms can provide the essential support you need to keep skin and cells healthy and safe from blue light damage.
CellularShield is a powerful radiation and EMF defense supplement that delivers essential antioxidants and functional mushroom support with natural ingredients that give you complete skin protection, cellular health, and DNA integrity during exposure to blue light and radiation.*
CellularShield helps regenerate your skin and support healthy DNA repair in cells exposed to blue light, UV and other forms of radiation.*
Antioxidants are some of the most powerful solutions to stop the attack on your cells from blue light and other forms of radiation, as well as toxins, stress, and anything that can fuel free radical damage and oxidative stress.
CellularShield delivers powerful antioxidant protection to help keep you healthy in today’s world, with the first of its kind solution to halt the impacts of radiation and EMF exposure—while supporting greater immunity, energy, and total-body health.*
Defend Your Health
CellularShield gives you the foundational support you need to defend against the increasing amount of blue light and radiation we face today—while optimizing your long-term health and wellness in the process.* Defend your skin, and your long-term health, with powerful antioxidant and cell support from CellularShield.
- Arjmandi N, Mortazavi G, Zarei S, et al. Can Light Emitted from Smartphone Screens and Taking Selfies Cause Premature Aging and Wrinkles? J Biomed Phys Eng. 2018;8(4):447-452. Published 2018 Dec 1.
- Coats JG, Maktabi B, Abou-Dahech MS, Baki G. Blue Light Protection, Part I-Effects of blue light on the skin. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2021 Mar;20(3):714-717. doi: 10.1111/jocd.13837. Epub 2020 Nov 28. PMID: 33247615.
- Nakashima Y, Ohta S, Wolf AM. Blue light-induced oxidative stress in live skin. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017 Jul;108:300-310. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2017.03.010. Epub 2017 Mar 15. PMID: 28315451.
- Godley BF, Shamsi FA, Liang FQ, et al. Blue light induces mitochondrial DNA damage and free radical production in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005 Jun 3;280(22):21061-6. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M502194200. Epub 2005 Mar 29. PMID: 15797866.
- Tosini G, Ferguson I, Tsubota K. Effects of blue light on the circadian system and eye physiology. Mol Vis. 2016 Jan 24;22:61-72. PMID: 26900325; PMCID: PMC4734149.
- Mortazavi SAR, Parhoodeh S, Hosseini MA, et al. Blocking Short-Wavelength Component of the Visible Light Emitted by Smartphones' Screens Improves Human Sleep Quality. J Biomed Phys Eng. 2018 Dec 1;8(4):375-380. PMID: 30568927; PMCID: PMC6280115.