Pesticides are some of the most common and potentially dangerous toxins we’re exposed to daily. In the US, more than 1 billion pounds of pesticides, including more than 400 different insecticides, herbicides/weed killers and more, are used in farms and home gardens each year. Over 150 of the pesticides approved in the US are classified as hazardous to human health by the WHO (Word Health Organization). Even more concerning, 25 of these highly toxic pesticides are banned in dozens of countries, as research continues to show links to serious health concerns. This is what to know about seasonal pesticides like chlorpyrifos and glyphosate, that can leave lasting dangerous effects when you are exposed.
What is Chlorpyrifos?
Chlorpyrifos is an insecticide used in farming on crops to kill insects, worms, and other pests. This pesticide is used on food crops across the United States.
In August 2021, after pressure from scientists, public health experts, and consumer advocacy groups, the US Environmental Protection Agency made the decision to ban the highly toxic pesticide, Chlorpyrifos, because it was unable to prove that it is safe to use on food crops. However, the ban will not take effect for another 6 months, and packaged foods containing this damaging pesticide may remain in your grocery store and kitchens for up to a few years after the ban. Exposure chlorpyrifos comes from several sources including eating foods like corn, wheat and strawberries that have been sprayed; water that has been contaminated, and pesticide drift from nearby farms.1
Health Risks of Chlorpyrifos and Other Pesticides
Chlorpyrifos is highly toxic to the nervous system and is shown to cause neurodevelopmental problems in children. Prenatal chlorpyrifos exposure is shown to cause low birth weight, cognitive problems, impaired motor skills, and other permanent developmental issues. It interrupts nerve impulses and causes convulsions, paralysis, and even death.
While the EPA’s ban on this dangerous and widely used chemical is good news, we’re still being exposed today to Chlorpyrifos along with numerous other health-robbing pesticides, including the most widely used one today, glyphosate.
Health Risks of Glyphosate
A growing amount of independent research shows serious health impacts from glyphosate exposure, including:
- Harms healthy flora in the gut and allows unhealthy microbes to flourish 2
- Damages reproductive health and development 3
- Causes oxidative stress and DNA damage3
- Removes essential minerals 4
- Disrupts essential metabolic functions5
- Blocks detoxification pathways 5,6
With many dangerous pesticides threatening our health, we need to take steps to detox and safely remove these toxins from our gut and body in order to promote our long-term wellness.
How To Protect Your Health From Pesticides
As researchers continue to demonstrate the health impacts of pesticides like glyphosate, chlorpyrifos and others, it’s clear that pesticides are dangerous, and we need to remove them from our dinner table, and our bodies.
Even choosing organic foods and products is not enough to protect you and your family against exposure to pesticides. In the US, the amount of agricultural chemicals used each year adds up to more than 3 pounds PER PERSON. There’s no way to completely avoid pesticides altogether.
That’s why targeted pesticide detoxification using natural binders is so important for your health. These gentle yet powerful, multi-targeted detox agents work together to bind and eliminate glyphosate and other pesticides and environmental toxins and prevent them from being stored in the body.
Your Pesticide Detox Supplement Routine
GlyphoCleanse is the first supplement of its kind specifically formulated to remove toxic pesticides including glyphosate and others from your body, and block their storage in vulnerable organs and tissues. It also helps to support systems that are most impacted by pesticides, including the thyroid, gut, immune system and others.*
GlyphoCleanse is a daily detox and defense formula designed to address pesticides and other agricultural and environmental toxins, with additional support for healthy digestion.* Targeted ingredients help eliminate these agricultural and environmental toxins and block their absorption and storage throughout the body.*
This physician-formulated blend of natural detox binders targets a broad range of pesticides and agricultural chemicals, and helps safely remove them from the body, while supporting optimal gut health and microbiome balance.*
Exposure to pesticides and other pollutants is a daily problem that calls for a natural daily solution to keep you healthy—and keep agricultural chemicals and toxins out of your body. Try GlyphoCleanse and support your long-term health.
- Kimberlee Speakman.EPA Bans Widely Used Pesticide Over Health Concerns, Reversing Trump Administration Decision. Forbes website. Updated 8/18/21. Accessed 9/14/21.
- Rueda-Ruzafa L, Cruz F, Roman P, Cardona D. Gut microbiota and neurological effects of glyphosate. Neurotoxicology. 2019 Dec;75:1-8.
- Blumberg B, et al. Is it time to reassess current safety standards for glyphosate-based herbicides?Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2017. 71. jech-2016. 10.1136/jech-2016-208463.
- Martínez MA, et al. Neurotransmitter changes in rat brain regions following glyphosate exposure.Environ Res. 2018 Feb;161:212-219
- Samsel A, Seneff S. Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases III: Manganese, neurological diseases, and associated pathologies.Surg Neurol Int. 2015;6:45.
- Woźniak E, et al. Glyphosate affects methylation in the promoter regions of selected tumor suppressors as well as expression of major cell cycle and apoptosis drivers in PBMCs (in vitro study).Toxicol In Vitro. 2020 Mar;63:104736.