The Health-Conscious Gift Giving Guide
We all know that health is the greatest gift. So why not change our thinking around gift-giving this holiday season... from traditional gifts, to ones that will support our loved ones’ health?
The winter holidays line up with the cold and flu season, when there’s an onslaught of viruses coming at the immune system. There are a few reasons that people are more likely to get sick during the winter. One is that rhinoviruses, which are one of the main causes of the common cold, thrive in colder temperatures. Another reason is that cold air slows down mucus clearance through the nasal passage. Usually, mucus acts as a line of defense against viruses that try to enter the body through the nose. But when mucus isn’t able to flow freely because of the cold, common cold and flu viruses can more easily gain access through the nasal passages. (1)
Once a virus enters the body, it usually comes up against phagocytes, which are immune cells that consume and digest viruses. But research has shown that colder temperatures make phagocytes less effective. (1)
Additionally, people tend to spend more time indoors as temperatures get colder. Crowded indoor spaces are prime locations for the spread of viruses. And central heating decreases air humidity, which is connected to cases of the flu. (1)
All of these factors lead to people being more susceptible to colds and the flu during the winter holidays. Keeping our immune systems balanced is key to maintaining health and making sure that everyone can enjoy holiday celebrations with their close friends and family. With this in mind, what better gift is there than immune-supporting supplements?
Research-Based Immune Supplements Support Seasonal Health
Because of everything going on in the world, we need to think about the immune system more than ever. We can use this gift-giving season to consider the people in our lives who would benefit from cellular health and immune system balance. Gifting an immune-supporting supplement is one of the best ways to show care for your loved ones’ well-being this holiday season.
MycoPhyto Mushroom Formula
MycoPhyto is an amazing immune supplement to gift your family and friends this holiday season. MycoPhyto Complex is a high-potency mushroom formula that works to optimize acute and long-term immune responses and reinforce overall immune function. MycoPhyto Complex provides fortified beneficial mushroom support and promotes active immune responses.*
Only the mycelium, the underground “root-like” part of the mushroom, is used in this formula to ensure optimal hypoallergenic support. The blend is also fortified with beta-glucans, which are powerful immune-modulating compounds found in fungi, oats, and other sources.*
The six types of mushrooms found in MycoPhyto Complex are:
- Coriolus (Trametes versicolor): contains powerful active compounds which offer significant support for the immune system.
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum): supports cardiovascular health and also offers benefits for cellular health, immune function, respiratory health, and other areas.
- Agaricus (Agaricus blazei): supports the immune system, cardiovascular health, and metabolic balance.
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis): supports mitochondrial function, immunity, respiratory health, vital energy, and more.
- Umbellatus (Polyporus umbellatus): rich in bioactive compounds that are shown to support cellular health and the immune system.
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa): supports immunity, healthy blood sugar, cardiovascular health, and metabolic balance.
The broad-spectrum immune benefits, including support against occasional colds and flu, make MycoPhyto an incredible gift for those seeking to support the immune systems of their family and friends this holiday season.
PectaSol Tangerine Chewables are an easy way to take the Original and Only Clinically-Proven Modified Citrus Pectin. Over 60 published studies show PectaSol delivers unparalleled support for total-body health and aging, with critical benefits to key organs and systems.*
- Promotes a balanced immune response
- Supports healthy aging, joint and nerve health
- Promotes healthy cell growth and development
- Supports detoxification
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure
- Promotes healthy kidney, heart, and liver function
- Calms oxidative stress throughout the body
Consider the PectaSol Chewables when you think of the people in your life who need immune system balance, cellular support, cardiovascular health benefits, support for healthy aging, and more. With everything going on in the world these days, health and a balanced immune system are the most valuable gifts we can give to the people we love.
Hewings-Martin Y. Colds and flu: Why do they strike in winter? Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320099 Published September 21, 2020. Accessed November 14, 2020.